Have you read the important information on our Membership page? The Corps relies on volunteers, and we are always looking to welcome new members. Outlined here are the steps to become an EMT with Hackensack Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.
1. Become an EMT! If you are already an EMT, you may apply for membership now. If you are not an EMT but would like to become one, please review the information HERE. Do not apply to join the Corps if you are not yet certified.
2. Contact Us. Use the form below to let us know that you would like to join the Corps. You will then be sent a link to the full membership application. Please know that we will still need to meet you in person to obtain signature authorization for a full police background check.
3. Interview with the Chief of the Corps. This will be scheduled upon receipt of your application.
4. Submit required documents. We must have your original EMT Certification, CPR Certification and Driver License to photocopy at your interview. Do not bring photocopies!
5. Sign for a criminal and motor vehicle background check. This is required to ride.
6. Choose a shift. Welcome to Hackensack Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc! Shifts are overnight (each day of the week) and daytime (Saturday and Sunday).
If you are ready, please begin the application process: